Rain's Redraw Tutorials

Thảo luận trong 'Manga' bắt đầu bởi Fairy, 5/9/17.

1. Fairy Học viện Truyện tranh

Tham gia ngày:
    13/11/14
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    TOC:
    1. Color Pages
    2. speedlines over patterns
    3. Patterns
    4. Advanced Patterns
    5. How to make your own patterns
    6. dealing with different shades of patterns
    7. Layer Masks
    8. typical shoujo pattern
    9. Spreads
    10. Effects 1
    11. Effects 2
    12. Smoky Patterns
    13. Fixing Patterns after redrawing
    14. Clouds
    15. Spiky Bubbles
    16. Connecting Lines
    Chapter 1 - Color Pages
    Chapter 1 - Color Pages

every leecher likes them, a lot of redrawer and cleaner hate them.

here we have the cleaned page, normally i start from there:

[​IMG]

after we are done, it should look like that:

[​IMG]

you can download the psd file here: redrawing_demo.psd

my principle is, first to get a rough sketch with the base colors, after that start with the gradients. after that add details, like lines, highlightes, etc.

first i'm gonna start at the top right text.

i use this settings for my brush

[​IMG]

and start redrawing roughly the base colores with little focus on gradients on a new layer, i want to get a rough sketch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

use more layers if you want to seperate different parts, like hairs, pillows, background, from each other and make it easier on yourself

now i have only have the form and base color of things right.

next i use a similar brush with low flow setting

[​IMG]

after that you can make a new layer and create a clipping mask onto your rough sketch to prevent you from drawing into other regions,

so how to work out the gradients:
    brush tool and select a light color of your gradient (alt+l. click)

[​IMG]

and start drawing here

[​IMG]

do the same with a dark color

[​IMG]

and do that until you think the gradient is right and you have a smooth transition.

[​IMG]

start working out the gradients, shadows, highlights etc.

[​IMG]

next step is adding finer details like lines etc.
    new layer, brush with this settings

[​IMG]

now add the lines and small stuff which has a high contrast

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

another example, the stuff in the top right:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Chapter 2 - speedlines over patterns
    here we have a typical example of the problem:

[​IMG]

and here how it looks like after we are done:

[​IMG]

as always here's the psd file: rd_demo_2.psd

1st step:
    always with such a redraw, i paint everything white what i won't need any longer. normally i always draw stuff like that new, because it's such a bother to get smooth transitions in the speedlines or in the patterns, so new it is.
    i will redraw the red marked area with stamp tool.

[​IMG]

2nd step:
    i select the area where i want to have a pattern

[​IMG]

and fill it on a seperate layer

[​IMG]

make the selection a little bigger than in the original.

additionally, if you don't have the final form for your selection you can create a layer mask to adjust the form later in the process.

3rd step:
    use your dodge tool, midtones, 30%, soft round (0% hardness) and adjust the layer roughly to the original. remember if you want to burn something just press the [Alt] key.
    dodge, burn

[​IMG]

if you have the gradients down, use dodge tool, highlights, 30% and let the edges look jagged

[​IMG]

4th step:
    new layer and create a clipping mask [Alt]+left click between the layers

[​IMG]

now use your line tool to draw the white lines

[​IMG]

fill path 2 times with

[​IMG]

if you create a layer mask you can adjust the opacity locally, i needed it here

[​IMG]

if you want to create an effect like that

[​IMG]

just use blur tool in "Lighten" mode.

don't forget to adjust the gradients of you pattern layer further.

5th step: (optional)
    i wanted a little noise near the highlights, so i just [Clrl]+left click my layer from step 4, refine edge, shift edge +100%.
    select your pattern layer, add noise

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6th step:
    new layer and draw the black speedlines with your line tool, same settings as with the white lines
    i got something like that

[​IMG]

as you see there's no nice transition.
    how to fix it, create a new layer and use your brush, soft round 1-2px here, you can draw straight lines, when you use the [shift] key

[​IMG]

after that use your brush, soft round 1px exactly here

[​IMG]

as you see that only works when you have a white background. if you want to do that with a pattern as background you could replace the brush with the stamp tool

your are done, i did the upper part of the redraw in the same way as discribed as above, just with another pattern.

for short:
    • draw white background
    • add background pattern
    • adjust gradient
    • add white lines
    • add black lines

Chapter 3 - Patterns
    alright, a lot of novice redrawer have apparently problems with patterns.
    i'll try to explain in this part how to redraw them so you won't notice it any longer.

here we have a rather easy example.

[​IMG]

as you can see we have enough of the pattern for our clone source. when we zoom in, we see it in more detail, and here's where it gets complicated.

[​IMG]

we can see now how it is arranged, but notice that they are slightly different

[​IMG]

also notice that chessboard pattern is shifted.

so now we start redrawing, pick your clone stamp tool and zoom in. we want to start here.

[​IMG]

remember that block and find a similar one as source.

[​IMG]

and start drawing on a seperate layer.

[​IMG]

when you zoom out you will notice that it's slightly darker than the surrounding area

[​IMG]

to fix that select your dodge tool

[​IMG]

and draw over it 1-2 times until it matches the surrounding pattern. do that all at 100% zoom

[​IMG]

a little help on how to choose you dodge tool settings

dodge tool:
    highlights --> contrast gets higher
    midtones --> stays the same
    shadows --> contrast gets lower

burn tool:
    highlights --> contrast gets lower
    midtones --> stays the same
    shadows --> contrast gets higher

keep in mind that only applyes on grayscale pages, when you work with colors that changes completely
    if you don't have a source which has a similar shade, but one with the same pattern but is noticeable darker/lighter you can also use it, but you will have to change between highlights/midtones/shadows when you adjust the shade.

ok, back to our page.
    i didn't change my source for the clone tool and started on the next kanji, again on a new layer

[​IMG]

as you notice i started to clone the black area, if something like that happens, make a new layer. select a new source and draw over it.

and here we have the areas. every color is a seperate source and layer

[​IMG]

if you only have a small source area you can patch that way bigger patterns together.
    adjust the shade of every layer seperately. when you are satisfied with it merge them or put them into a group, otherwise you will get a lot of layers.

ok, we have replaced the text with our patterns, adjusted the shade and merged them.

[​IMG]

the only thing left to do is draw the lines.

Chapter 4 - Advanced Patterns
    alright, but what should we do when you don't have a perfect pattern or they just want to match up

[​IMG]

as you will notice the right side is slightly shifted towards left and a little up.

the first thing you will get when you try to redraw it will be something like that

[​IMG]

but as you see at 100% zoom, you see that

[​IMG]

so how can we reduce the recognizability
    we just nudge the pattern only a small distance until they match up again

[​IMG]

and at 100%

[​IMG]

as you see way better as the first try.

so how did i do that i just shifted the pattern slightly with the clone tool

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and everything again

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as you see, that way i can shifte the pattern sligtly in all 4 directions until both sides match up

with some experience you can patch up such patterns and make a lot of shiftes.
    some info, try to make the shiftes in the blurry lines, but don't let them get too thick, otherwise you will see the blurry area really easy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

you should use Chapter 13 to finish your redraw.

Chapter 5 - How to make your own patterns
    1st:

[​IMG]

2nd: filter-->filter gallery-->

[​IMG]

for your info, if you change here the contrast it also influences how you page looks like after resizing

3rd:

[​IMG]

depending to which size you resize, the pattern changes.
    examples
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4th: make a rectangular selection and then layer via copy
    now nudge it horizontally and vertically until you find the same left top pixels and select it like shown

[​IMG]

if you don't want to do step 4 just skip it and select your whole page. it should work for most of your redraws

5th: edit--> define pattern

for CS5 and previous versions you will need "pattern maker" addon

so change the values for you resize to find the right pattern for you and then make a pattern.
    if you want to change the contrast or brightness just use topaz clean3 and/or brightness/contrast adjustment layer

and if you want to to create rotated patterns like that

[​IMG]

just rotate your layer before you resize it

[​IMG]

Chapter 6 - dealing with different shades of patterns
    lets see.

[​IMG]

when you have different shades you should start at the background.
    just use stamp tool and clone it

[​IMG]

and adjust shade with dodge tool

[​IMG]

if you have to change the shade a lot you can use a combination of the settings.

[​IMG]

as you see you change the contrast of the pattern, so if you want to keep the same contrast but just darker/brighter use a combination of the 3 settings.

or you can use a brightness/contrast adjustment layer. it will work to a certain degree. just play with the 2 settings of it.
    you can also use the adjustment layer to roughly change the shade and preserve the contrast and use the dodge tool to fine adjust it

if you want to add a gradient, you can do 3 things.
    1. make a new layer, create a clipping mask with your pattern layer,use the gradient tool, and adjust the opacity of it
    2. use dodge/burn tool with 0% hardness with a relative big size
    3. use a brightness/contrast adjustment layer with a gradient as a layer mask
    here's an example

[​IMG]

as you see, with a gradient you won't get a consistent contrast,
    and with an adjustment layer you only can make it brighter or darker, not both
    and with the dodge tool you will take longer, when you don't have already a lot of experience

my prefered methode for adjusting shades in general is always dodge/burn tool, because i have a lot of control about the endresult and enough experience to get the desiered result without wasting a lot of time

when you have forms with different shades of the same pattern just use the selection tool.

[​IMG]

if you have a different pattern, or the pattern doesn't match, clone the pattern on a new layer

left one with selection and dodge, right one you can also have a nudged pattern, because of the line you won't notice it.

[​IMG]

keep that in mind when you redraw pattern and you have lines in them, e.g. hairs. you can use them to break the redraw up in different parts without bottering to match the pattern at the line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

before i forget it. you can use the dodge tool as a brush to draw staff with your cloned pattern.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chia sẻ trang này

XenForo Add-ons by Brivium ™ © 2012-2013 Brivium LLC.